Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 149.

DAY 149
so blessed


Matthew 7:1-5 says, “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 These words were all that I could think the entire race... it was beautiful. At one point, I realized that there was a girl in front of me named Anna and a girl right behind me named Heather. I only knew this because the people there to support them kept calling their names out so loudly. It was so great how much God blessed me through these two girls. After hearing there names a few times, I realized that God wanted me to pray for them. So I did. Our final meet was spent, for me, praying for two girls that I had never met and did not even have a clue what they looked like. At the end of the race, I was eager to meet them. I did. Heather and I were able to chat for a bit, that was a true blessing. Something really neat that blessed me more than I will ever be able to describe is the fact that those girls were from a school called "Emmanuel"... I knew God was with me. But to see that the one person who stayed in front of my the entire race and the one person who stayed directly behind me the entire race were from a school with the name meaning of GOD WITH US... really truly blessed me. Thank You God.

It's been glorious and I wish that I had time to write EVERYTHING that happened today. God is good.

Today has been full of God's glory. I was able to really remember how He radically saved my life and set me free. The fact that God changed my heart really is such a miracle. He deserves all of me for the rest of my life. My prayer is that He receives all of me for the rest of my life.

This is something I wrote on the bus ride home from Conference this morning...

MY HEART:

So many times I think of how to get out of America quicker, how to escape to a land full of poverty and disease- so that I can love all of the pain out of those around me. Those are usually the times when God reminds me that I am in a country soaked in pain and seeking refuge from spiritual poverty- these times keep me focused.

No matter how often He reminds me, I am still so eager to live in another land. Wherever I go, I notice that the only requirement God has given me is to love the people He perfectly places on my path day to day. So I keep on loving.

But, when will I end up in a foreign land? When will I be able to learn from the poor? Will I ever live in Africa? Am I just dreaming or does God have such plans for me?

Wherever He leads, I will follow. If His leading keeps me in America, so be it. I will cheerfully serve Him in this land & continually pray for those in the land my heart longs to serve.

I believe these desires are from Him. I believe He will fulfill my longings. I believe He would love to send me to work in a land soaked in poverty and pain- I believe He will use me to love all that surround me everywhere He sends me. It's about His love being spread. It's all about His love



Thankful for: dreams, America, friends and God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment