Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DAY ONE TWENTY FOUR.

DAY 124

couldn't ask for more


God is glorious, every moment of every day. He is constantly revealing Himself to the hungry, the broken, and the needy. To those who recognize their need for Him, He is seen.

A while back someone told me that I have no need to be DESPERATE for God, because He is always with me. I have found that to be wrong. It is necessary that I stay desperate and needy for God. Maybe not everyone needs Him, but I do. Such foolishness, EVERYONE needs God.

What has happened since the last time I wrote? MUCH! That would be why I have not been able to share.

This past week, Tuesday through Saturday, I was in Atlanta Georgia for a Leadership Conference. The conference is called Catalyst. If you go to the University of Mobile, you have most likely heard of it. Otherwise, there is a chance you never even knew such a conference existed. That is surprising to me, especially when my friends in Atlanta tell me they never knew about it. It is a conference where 13,000 Christian leaders gather to learn under pastors, teachers, authors and inspiring young men and women. I was blessed by many speakers this year including Joel Houston (Hillsong), Katie Davis, Francis Chan, Andy Stanley, Jim Collins, Priscilla Shirer, LaCrae, Judah Smith and Jeff Foxworthy. There were many more, but the people listed are the one’s that I received the most from. It was a great blessing and surprise to be able to worship with Hillsong United. God spoke to me and allowed me freedom while they sang and again while Joel spoke.
The entire conference was wonderful. Because I am human, many things came up and had to be dealt with. Unfortunately, I began to compare myself with the young women that I was with. Fortunately, God revealed Himself and allowed me to walk in the freedom and victory made possible by the blood of Jesus.
Being human is okay, because I am human. I am no super hero. My Savior is THE super hero. Thankfully it is not a competition. The Kingdom is not about being higher than those around you, it’s actually about becoming lower in all things that somehow through such humility Christ Himself would be magnified. Now such a truth is not possible to understand, unless of course your heart is for the glorification of the Godhead. All glory to YHWH. All glory.
To sum up what I learned at Catalyst this year: we are all apart of ONE body, we are ONE church, humility is key in all things, humility is attractive, there IS a difference between secular and holy, you can be holy while living in this world, our jobs are not made holy because they are in the church-everything we do ought to be holy, discipleship is vital, prayer is crucial, Jesus is the glory of God, my calling is to serve the poor and needy, God is leading me into a foreign land, God is present, remaining in Christ is Biblical, it is important that we do not sleep walk through the present by longing for the future, embrace the moment and so much more. God was present at Catalyst 2011. I was blessed.

So much more has been going on. It would take years to explain all that God is doing. Sometimes I feel disconnected from reality and other times I feel too connected to the world, but in all things, I know God is with me. That truth, that God is always with me, keeps me joyful and alive. I am dependent on His presence.

For those who do not know, my life is SO full right now. Maybe from the outside looking in, you would not be able to tell. But, it is really is packed. Each day is different. Some would say that I am living multiple lives, I would agree.

A look into my life

Mondays are rest days- I spend the day at home. Ashley, Rob, Bethany, Levi and I just rest. Sometimes I sleep in a little too late. We walk, eat, and just relax. Mondays are sweet.
Tuesdays are packed- The day starts at 4 am (on a normal week), I wake up, get in the Word, pray, get ready for the day, leave the house at 6, walk into class at 8, finish class at 11, run, take a shower, head to work, 3-9 work, then pack up and leave for Thomasville. I get home around 10:45. The night is filled with catching up in the Bible, talking to friends, chatting a bit with the Hilbun’s (if possible) and then SLEEP.
Wednesdays are somewhat normal- Sleep late because of Tuesdays, run/walk, study and then church. My favorite part is seeing the youth and pouring into the girls in my small group. Just being around the youth brings me life and reminds me of my calling.
Thursdays are early too- wake up early, practice at 6 am, class from 8-11, then head back to Thomasville if possible, and rest it up. Some Thursdays I stay in Mobile because we have cross country races on the weekends and it is easier to just stay.
Fridays are of there own- Every Friday is different. If we have a cross country meet, I am in Mobile using the day to catch up on homework assignments and wait patiently for the night to come so that I can leave the city with my team. We travel. This season we have traveled a bunch.
Saturdays are race days- We wake up early to run against other schools. Once the morning is done, we travel back to Mobile and then I get back to Thomasville as soon as possible. Once I get back I try to run a little more, then I walk or do whatever I can with Ashley. Saturdays are my favorite.
Sundays are church days- Sunday School starts at 9:45, then church at 11, after church it’s homework time, a walk here and there, a run hopefully and then we start it all over again.

My schedule is PACKED this semester. The things I did not add are youth times, Mariah times, Reading times, writing times, Skype times, family times, coffee dates with Elizabeth, and everything else God likes to add to make life fun. To be honest, this semester is so full that sometimes I think God must be eagerly waiting for it to end so that He can use me all the more. I know He is with me, teaching me, using me and guiding me through everyday. Sometimes I just think my schedule is too busy. If it were up to me, I would give up EVERYTHING I have committed to and serve Thomasville Baptist Church with every moment. The church has done so much for me and I am unworthy. It would be an honor to give back to them what they have given to me. Until that is possible, I am running through each day embracing the opportunities presented before me.

REQUEST

I am in need of prayer, just as any Christian would be. Pray that I would run the race with confidence in Christ and undistracted devotion, that I would be quiet in my dealings and compassionate always, that thanksgiving would come from my lips and that my thoughts would be pure. Pray also that I would be drawn closer to the Father’s heart.

Thank you all for your support and love. May God’s peace be with your spirit.

“Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him that His glory may dwell in our land” Psalm 85:9

“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who testifies in my favor and I know that His testimony about me is true” John 5:31-32


Thankful for: God’s presence, the Hilbun home, Alicia, Callum, Damien, Alex, Dan, Mom, and everyone in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment