Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day Two Hundred & Nine.

DAY 209.

Well, hello friends & family! Lots has happened since I last wrote. I unintentionally left you all stranded while in Taiwan. Alicia and I stayed pretty busy and so, I was not able to write as much as I wanted to. Most of what happened was written in my journal, which I will post some of the entries so that you all have an idea of what life was like there.

Before I write any more, I have to say... I really miss Alicia and life in Taiwan. Something about being there with her was so right. My hope is that I will appreciate everything I have here in America, because I am afraid that my heart my try to stay in the past. Until the next time I am with her, the memories will be fresh and a reason to thank the Lord.

Since I have been back, no much has happened. I have slept all day and stayed awake all night the last two nights. The first night I got some sleep, but since then... the nights have consisted of me laying there with my eyes wide open. Maybe I am experiencing jetlag? Haha. Whoever made up that word deserves a pat on the back. Good one!! :) "You know that feeling when you just get back from a long vacation and you can barely get back on schedule... let's call that jetlag" I don't know. It's just kind of funny if you ask me.

Somethings to share:

December 13th, 2011
Last night, when Alicia got off work, we went to Chilis for dinner. Our food was delicious! I ordered a chicken sandwich. We shared a dessert. It was apple, cake and ice cream. Very good. After dinner, we went back home and fell asleep. I slept all through the night. Hallelu Yah. All praise to God.

I woke up around eight thirty, prayed and took a shower, got ready and went to breakfast. Alicia took me to a typical Chinese breakfast spot. We had these yummy sticks, which were fried bread- kind of like a donut, not so sweet-and hot milk. The man we ordered from laughed at the idea of us getting three pieces of bread because each piece was really two- so altogether we got six. He did not laugh out loud, but he could not believe we ate so much. Anyways, the meal was so yummy.

After breakfast, we went to Alicia's. There we skyped with her mom, made pumpkin spice lattes and danced around while taking pictures. It was fun!!!

Following this fun-filled time, I went with Kelly, Hannah & Eden to Ikea. They were looking for candles and childrens gifts. They found what they were looking for. I went to Kellys and immediately Alicia showed up. We hurried off to the train together.

At the train station, I used a "squatty potty" for the first time. I laughed the entire time I was in the stall. Just thinking about what I was doing made me laugh.

We then went to "Mr Donut". After, we took an exciting bus ride, full of laughter- because the glass doors on the bus made our faces look like some of the silly effects from photo booth- we ended up at Alicia's work. I walked down to starbucks and am now here. Alicia will get done in an hour and we will enjoy each other then! :)

Many beautiful moments in Taiwan

-Today when I was downtown with Kelly, Hannah and Eden, I was waiting for the bus. An attractive leaf caught my attention, so I went to it. On the leaf was a butterfly. My immediate thought was "resurrected life" and I was reminded of my prayer this morning that God would help me direct all of my thoughts to Him; He has. Bless the Lord.
-on the train, Alicia noticed a woman with sores on her hand. She wanted to pray for her, but did not see the time as fitting, so she mentioned it once the lady got off the train. We then agreed in prayer with God for the woman's healing! Alicia prayed out loud.
-Callum says he has written me another letter. His love is precious to me and I am so often reminded of him.

Currently-drinking a vanilla latte waiting on Alicia.

The people all around me are speaking English.

Oh, I said thank you in Chinese at the bar (where they called out my drink) and the woman spoke back to me in Chinese ;)

"Be with Alicia and her students; fill her with supernatural strength, joy, laughter and excitement for tonight!"

OH YEAH- FOR THE RECORD- I WOKE UP SO HAPPY IN MY HEART. BEING HERE IN TAIWAN FEELS 100% BLESSED. IT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL. I PRAYED AND THE LORD TOLD ME TO GET READY. IT SEEMED THAT HE TOLD ME TO BE READY FOR ANYTHING AND THAT I WOULD END UP AT STARBUCKS. THIS WAS INTERESTING BECAUSE I KIND OF WANTED TO STAY HOME AND SKYPE. THE LORD SPOKE TO ME, SO I OBEYED. JUST MOMENTS AFTER GETTING READY, KELLY CALLED AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO GO WITH HER-HOW PERFECT? HOPEFULLY GOD WAS GLORIFIED THROUGH MY SPEECH AND ACTIONS. AMEN.

(then at the bottom of this page is a picture of a coffee mug, with music notes all around it and written in cursive are the words "out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks" and to the side is written "WHAT IS YOUR AROMA?"

WHAT IS YOUR AROMA? :) WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM, WHAT SMELL DO YOU BRING WITH YOU? WOULD YOU REMIND OTHERS OF YUMMY KITCHEN OR STINKY TOFU? ARE YOU CARRYING WITH YOU THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT? MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO BE THE SWEET AROMA THAT GOD AND OTHERS ARE BLESSED BY.

YOU CHOOSE WHICH AROMA YOU WILL BE.

(the last part about the aroma has everything to do with a mug that Alicia gave to me that says "AROMA". there is a kitchen down the street from Alicia's house that is called "Yummy Kitchen" and a really nasty smelling place to eat called "stinky tofu"... all of those things were running together and so I wrote out what was on my heart)

(at the bottom of this page is a picture of a flower with a stem and roots... in the roots is hidden the word "purity" to imply that the flower was rooted in purity. to the side of the flower are rain drops, that say "Good" "Kind" "Truth" "Admirable" "Right" "Love" "Noble" "Pure" and "Lovely")

No comments:

Post a Comment