Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 250.

Day Two Hundred & Fifty

The Lord is full of grace. He is such a good good Father. No one can parent as well as He does, because He is the greatest dad in the whole wide world. This week, He allowed me to ask a friend for forgiveness (at the Disciple Now weekend, actually) and within the week, He allowed us to really connect and encourage each other. To be honest, I needed to forgive her in order that I could be forgiven. The unforgiveness I hosted in my heart was affecting the way I communicated with God. Instead of lifting my sister up, daily, I was failing to pray for her completely. We know from the scripture that failing to pray for others is sin against God (Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.- 1 Samuel 12:23) and also, not showing love to a friend is forsaking the fear of the Lord (Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.- Job 6:14). It amazes me that He softened my heart towards her, in order that we would bless one another instead of destroy the other's confidence. By asking for forgiveness, we were both free to tell each other the truth and remind each other of God's love. It is amazing. God's love is amazing. If you are having difficulties with another believer, please tell the Lord first. Ask Him to forgive you. Ask Him to soften your heart. The first opportunity you get, ask that person (or those people) for forgiveness & MEAN IT! Deep in your heart decide to love that person; decide today to only speak blessings over that man/woman of God, love them with the unconditional love of the Father and treat them as if they are made in the image of God (because they are)!!! Are you willing to humble yourself and seek the forgiveness of your Father & your brothers and sisters?

Remember the Scripture:
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." -Luke 6:37



It has really been a blessing to think about how much love and concern He has poured out in our relationship. I pray that all are able to forgive one another, in order that you may be forgiven. Ask God to expose the dark spots in your heart. Once you see how human you are, you are able to see how God is the only perfect one! Let Him expose your imperfections with love and take every action to change such sin. This will allow you to see God's love and mercy, which will transform your life in the best way!! God bless you all!! Keep seeking Him. He is with us!! Let not evil rule in your heart, instead cling to righteousness. Amen.


OH & JUST FOR FUN, READ THIS POEM


I wave good-bye when butter flies by Jack Prelutsky
I wave good-bye when butter flies
and cheer a boxing match,
I’ve often watched my pillow fight,
I’ve sewn a cabbage patch,
I like to dance at basket balls
or lead a rubber band,
I’ve marvelled at a spelling bee,
I’ve helped a peanut stand.

It’s possible a pencil points,
but does a lemon drop?
Does coffee break or chocolate kiss,
and will a soda pop?
I share my milk with drinking straws,
my meals with chewing gum,
and should I see my pocket change,
I’ll hear my kettle drum.

It makes me sad when lettuce leaves,
I laugh when dinner rolls,
I wonder if the kitchen sinks
and if a salad bowls,
I’ve listened to a diamond ring,
I’ve waved a football fan,
and if a chimney sweeps the floor,
I’m sure the garbage can.


It makes me laugh every time I read it. Really. I just read it to Ashley Hilbun and cried because I was laughing so hard. Hopefully you all enjoy it as much as I do... or at least more than Ashley did ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment