Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day eighty-nine.

DAY EIGHTY-NINE




early nights with sweet friends & early mornings with the King Himself


Before I say ANYTHING AT ALL... I just want to say THANK YOU LORD FOR SUCH A SWEET DAY ALREADY :)

This morning has been special... it's only 3:40, but it's the best 3:40 ever. Around 1:30 I felt a quickening of the Holy Spirit to wake up and meet with God. It was so sweet. Just being with Him is the most amazing thing ever. How neat? God allows us to fellowship with Him. What an honor.

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” Mark 12:41-44

Reading this passage this morning really blessed me. What a wonderful testimony. This woman gave EVERYTHING she had to live on.... to the Lord. Her faith is beautiful. Of course, I was broken at this... and have asked that God will continue to give me the grace to give my ALL. He deserves it all.

Something He has really impressed upon my heart this morning is that we are forgiven because of Jesus' blood. There is nothing -nothing at all- that I have done to deserve His grace... I never worked for it. But, I now can work in response to His love... and that is what I choose to do. He deserves all.

Well, early morning talk planned with a friend... so I must go :)

One quick story before I leave....
Last night was my first night eating with the Hilbuns! Yiew! Rob warned me before lunch that he would not let me know what we were eating until after we ate :) So, lunch happened and we were all eating a VERY delicious lunch. The "chicken" (I was very aware that it was not chicken) was very yummy... it was kind of rough compared to chicken... but I ate as much of it as I could (the only reason I couldn't finish it had everything to with the fact that I was afraid it would be a delicate animal that didn't deserve eating).... sure enough.... after everyone was finished Rob asked us to play the guessing game... I thought it was something strange like an armidillo and then Rob gave us clue "popular in America around April... in the house"... I couldn't think of any animal that was only popular for a season... then Tara Frasier said "ITS A BUNNY" ... yeah, not a rabbit... a bunny... so at that moment I realized... wow, I just ate a bunny rabbit.... :) it happened... I'm officially thankful for the memory :)

This is going to be a fun semester.

Thankful for: early mornings, school and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment