Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day Ninety-Three.

DAY NINETY-THREE

He's saying, LOOK TO ME


Today has been pleasant in every way possible. Early morning, but not as early as most days. We had a race in Mobile today. It was really enjoyable. The course that we ran was one that we ran for pretty much EVERY race in high school, so I was familiar with it. On top of it being a familiar course (which never happens in college) I felt 100% glad to be running the entire race. God gave me supernatural joy. At first I did not think it was possible, because of certain circumstances and then God showed me how much He just wanted to love on me and how He wanted me to receive that love. I am so blessed to be known by God. My time was nothing significant and others could have said that I ran poorly, but the truth is my God was with me and that was special to my heart and will always be. I am thankful.

When the girls were done, I saw a friend of mine from high school. She runs for Spring Hill, so this is our 7th year racing together. Her name is Kierstan Carter. Today she told me how her hamstring was really hurting and that she would have to sit out for a few days. Knowing that God could completely and totally heal her, I asked her if I could pray. We prayed right there in the middle of the park. I believe God healed her. It was awesome to be able to pray with another believer.

My brother ran unattached (he is currently not in school & a super talented runner). He came in 4th place. For his circumstances and not training much recently, it was amazing to see. For the first time ever, I cried when he received his award. It was beautiful.

Christian, my cousin also ran. He did very well. I'm not sure of his place, but he finished great. It was a joy to watch him run. When everyone was finished, he was telling me how his foot was hurting. He was hurt after doing a 100 ft slip-n-slide. After explaining to him my trust in God as healer, I asked if he would allow me to pray. He allowed me to. That was huge. He has claimed in the past not to believe in God. So him even allowing me to pray really blessed me in a way that I will not be able to tell in words. My hope is in Christ. My hope is that Christian is healed & acknowledges God's powerful hand.

After the race, I took the girls back to the dorms. Katelyn Osborne let me clean up in her room. We then parted ways. She went to lunch and so I went to study.
Studying did not last long, then it was time to babysit. My brother, Damien, met me at the Swann's. All of us had lunch and it was so yummy. Following lunch we made milkshakes :) I really like ice cream... and milk.

Seeing my boys has been so sweet. They have always been so loving to me. It has been almost six years since I have been watching these guys. Wow, time has gone by so quick. For the last five years I have been the babysitter for Cameron, Zachary and Preston. We have never gone longer than two weeks without seeing each other (until I moved away this summer and left them for three months). So we were all so excited to see each other and just play :) They are the sweetest boys in my life and probably my biggest fans. Hearing "SHINA SHINA SHINA" repeated over and over again is so sweet to my ears. Yes, Preston calls me SHINA... like shine-uh! So cute :) He's been saying it that way since he was 2.. or younger maybe :) Having them back in my life is so important. My heart is for them and always will be.

There are so many sweet things on my mind... mainly just gratefulness.

A PROVERB
"When words are many sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" Proverbs 10:9


Today, I have written that proverb on my arm... and something really neat happened. My brother saw something on my wrist and said, "What does that say?" I spoke it to him and he responded with the words, "Thanks, I needed that". This is always a big deal... as big of a deal as Christian allowing me to pray... this is a big deal because Damien has also denied truth recently.

One of the hardest things is knowing that my two best buddies from growing up are lost. My life is a little too much for them most of the time and I can tell. Sometimes I grow weak and fail to leave a good taste... but it is never intentional. Ever. I always want to bless them and show them the truth that living for Jesus Christ, my Savior, is the most wonderful life I could ever have. That Christ is the Savior, King and Ruler of all things. When I fail to make the gospel attractive, by weakness, my hope is that somehow Christ shines through me anyways. Deep within, I know that He is seen as strong... even in my weakness. If you ever think of my brother, Damien, or my cousin, Christian, please pray that God would save them from the ways of the world and deliver them into life and life abundant. I stand in Victory for them, believing God will save them.

Oh, just a little information for those wondering...
Being single? How's it going? Of course, that is what you may have wondered for the days that I have failed to write anything about that part of the journey... well, it is GREAT! God has opened my eyes to a few deep things concerning my future husband and family, and I am genuinely looking forward to seeing how it all works together. Being single has been refreshing and intentionally freeing. I am thankful that God has given me the grace to embrace these days... and I hope that you all (who follow) are enjoying my journey just as much as I am.

Be blessed and stay in touch :) I'd love to hear how God is working in and through you all.

Love always,
Chynna Love Lee

Thankful for: cross country, teammates, family, Preston, Zachary, Cameron, and restful afternoons.


ps- a while back there was a young woman named Rose who started following my blog. At first I asked her questions to find out who she was and what made her follow my blog. Long story short, she is a follower of Jesus Christ all the way from Romania. It encouraged me so much to know I now had a friend from Romania that I had never met in person. Well, today we were able to talk on yahoo chat and it was so exciting. Yes, it was a brief conversation... but it was so nice to just hear about her life for a moment. I am so thankful for friends in foreign lands... for meeting other believers... it is so exciting :) I love new friends.

PICTURES

Tags: Chynna, Zachary and Preston











1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your uplifting posts! Thank you for following and obeying Him. :) P.S. I really do need and plan to write more myself, so it's good seeing that you keep up with your's!

    ReplyDelete