Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day Ninety-Eight.

DAY NINETY-EIGHT

Every now & then, I wear a pair of CAMO pants from Gap. I am a warrior, fighting in the army of the Lord


What a wonderful day to be alive (but, what day isn't?). God is working all around; He's a wonderful King.

The day started off early and I was able to talk to a good friend. We talked about a lot. It was encouraging to be encouraged. That seems to rarely happen. To just be purely lifted up and blessed is the sweetest gift. I am so thankful for relationships ordained by the Lord.

Everything about selfless, humble love is attractive. I am attracted to the characteristics of God in other people.

We talked about how people were created in the image of God.

Mobile was nice. Being on campus was perfect. Truly glorious, to say the least.

In Christian Worldview, we talked about work & marriage. Dr. Younce gave us a wonderful lesson on knowing when is the right time to be married and pure wisdom concerning our future. I was extremely grateful to be taught under him today, because he is such a wise man. My hope is that everyone in that class would pay attention with all that they are, so that they can learn great things under such a great leader.

Oh, in Mission & Message, Dr. Younce fell. He looked up too fast and before we all knew it he was on the ground. Everyone rushed to him to help him. I prayed. God protected him. If you could, please pray for my professor. He is seriously a blessing in my life and I am wanting him to be lifted up to the Father. He would never have asked any of us to pray, but that's why he deserves it all the more.

Dr. Younce is a wonderful man of God. I intentionally decided to take him for two classes this semester. Being in his class opens my eyes to many things in the Spirit and I am forever thankful for him. Thank you for your prayers.

Psalm 111
1 Praise the LORD.
I will extol the LORD with all my heart
in the council of the upright and in the assembly.

2 Great are the works of the LORD;
they are pondered by all who delight in them.
3 Glorious and majestic are his deeds,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused his wonders to be remembered;
the LORD is gracious and compassionate.
5 He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.

6 He has shown his people the power of his works,
giving them the lands of other nations.
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.
8 They are established for ever and ever,
enacted in faithfulness and uprightness.
9 He provided redemption for his people;
he ordained his covenant forever—
holy and awesome is his name.

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.


I am extremely blessed. All of my blessings come from the Lord, who is in control of all things. Today is a good day to recognize that God is the ruler of all things, and that is just who He is. No one can rule, without His permission. He is King!!!! HE IS ALIVE!!! HE IS RULING! Now!!! Acknowledge His rule today :)

Praise report- the Lord laid it on my heart to pray for a specific professor and his kids. So, I started praying for them without ceasing. God has given me prayers to pray, and so I have. Well, on Tuesday I ran into him and asked about his twins (the one's I have been praying for) and mentioned praying for them. He seemed really puzzled, but amazed. He asked when I started praying for them "Two weeks ago?" ... "Yes sir!" I replied... and stared in amazement as I walked away. When I came back he said that two weeks ago his children started to be a lot better and that God had given them time to really enjoy each other, which he said had not been happening before. He was so grateful & asked that I would pray for his wife. So I have been praying JOY over his wife these last two days. When I ran into him today I asked how she was... he said that she was doing SO GREAT... :) her unhappiness has changed to happiness. They are going out on a date friday and they have a babysitter to watch the kids :) How awesome? God has answered all of my prayers for their family... and I am so glad :) I will continue praying for them. Just wanted to share God's sweetness & blessings with you all :)

Thankful for: Psalms, rest, the Hilbuns, the McDowells and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment