Monday, August 8, 2011

Day fifty-nine!

DAY FIFTY-NINE

Taking back what is mine.


"Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near."

Isaiah 55:6



This is my friend, Tenneale. They sent us this picture today. There was more information enclosed in this email, and I have also contacted a few friends of mine in Australia and the understanding is that Tenneale committed suicide. The last thing I wanted to hear. This makes it hard for me to know what her beliefs were when she passed. All I can go off was the last time we talked when she said that she did not know God.
My friend passing away is hard. Yes, it is. Hearing how is even harder. But, I must share with you all my heart in this. God is really showing me the urgency to spread the gospel. To really love people. To show them hope. To show them truth. What we have is truth and not many people have it. Who are we to hoard it? Who are we to think it is only for ourselves? If that is our mindset, I question with confidence... are you sure you are following the way?
Jesus Christ laid down His life for us sinners. If anything, I am understanding how my life means nothing. I would rather lose my life trying to share the gospel with my friends than watch them die without the gospel. I should be the one to lose my life. My eternity is secured in Christ Jesus.
Please be encouraged by the death of my friend. Please go out and tell the dying they are dying. Be bold for Christ. Please.

Proverbs 8:30&31

"Then I was constantly[e] at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind."


How neat? Wisdom was at His side. Oh the joy. It makes me cry every time I read Proverbs 8. To be wisdom. Because she is always at His side, I do seek her.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."-Matthew 7:7-8

Thankful for: Jesus Christ, forgiveness, and communion with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment