Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day fifty-three!

DAY FIFTY-THREE!

Today has been still. Been spending time with my mom & little man (Alex, my brother). Most of the day, I spent sleeping... just resting and catching up on what I may have missed this summer.

Throughout the day, I had a few things on my mind... mainly because they were fresh and happening currently. There is something else though that always re-enters my thoughts. It is a person. He should not be there, but to be honest... he is. So you all know, I struggle in the same way a lot of you do... but, God has given us everything we need to overcome, to be victorious! I feel victorious, regardless of how silly my mind may be.

This morning when I woke up, I read in the book of Matthew. So many beautiful things stuck out to me. For starters, when Satan came to Jesus.... Jesus was so strong and amazing. He had the Word of God written on His heart and was able to overcome the evil one. Hallelujah. I have written much about it in a letter to a friend, but find it necessary to tell you all to read Matthew 1-4 today and look at the life of Jesus. In chapter 4, I was overwhelmed... It is wonderful. Jesus calls out Peter and Andrew and they straightway left their nets and followed him (verse 20) and again, he calls for james and john. They also left their belongings (and father) to follow Jesus (verse 22). As I thought about it, those men were probably extremely glad to be CALLED by God. It is an exciting thing to be known by your Savior, to be able to follow Him. My prayer is that we, as believers, would be as excited and ready to share the good news with all that we encounter, so that God would be glorified through our ever action and so that we would be used to pull people out of the way of sin and into the wonderful light that we know as life.

There are many things on my mind.

Please pray that I would understand the grace that I have been given, that I would be a carrier of the gospel in all things.

Being with people that "know you" can be challenging. I choose to face my challenges with joy and confidence.

Thankful for: family, rest, the life of Jesus and spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment