Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day fifty-seven!!

DAY FIFTY-SEVEN


a few days have passed... but, what is time that we would count it? :)


It has been a few days... and I am so thankful to say I HAVE NOT BEEN BLOGGING. My brother, stepdad & I went to the cabin for the weekend... we spent so much time on the lake tubing & just relaxing in the sweet water. Before we left, I felt the need to say goodbye to facebook and my phone for the trip. I knew this meant my entire computer would be resting in my room, not just facebook. So, I left it behind... it was the BEST decision I have made in a long time. Thank You Lord for the grace to say no to the world and yes to resting in Your sweet arms.

Well as you can imagine... forty-eight hours without technology can really change a person... honestly, it is not the "without" that had any effect on me.. it was the "within"... the inward reflection on what really mattered instead of the constant checking up on what was happening outside of my walls. God knew that I needed a break to remind me of how much I love BREAKS!!! I am a breaker. Always enjoying a rest in God's presence, a look into His eyes, an afternoon in His arms.... it's either that I love breaks or I am a fool in love with the King of Kings.... I prefer to claim to latter.

A brief overview of what I have learned... RELEARNED and meditated on these two days.
-God is God.
-God is good.
-Listening is required.
-Loving is a result of being loved.
-Working is not required.
-Working is a result of being loved.
-Being quiet is altogether beautiful.
-God is speaking.
-God is inside of me.
-Our instructions will never need to be re-written.
-Jesus simply commanded us to love.
-If you are a Christian, stop trying so hard.
-God just straight up loves you.
-I enjoy my spiritual gifts & refuse to pretend that I do not.
-Writing is a gift God has given me.
-Friendships that are of God are legitimate friendships.
-I am loved way too much not to share the joy and peace within my heart.
-God's favor rests upon those who REST in Him.
-I am a huge no one, yet I am someone.
-I am the worst of all sinners.
-Forgiveness is freeing, simply forgive.
-God is God.

*May have purposefully repeated the most important one.

There was so much that happened this weekend and I wish to be able to write it all down and share it all with you... but, I do not feel called to do that and even if I did, you most likely would not see it for weeks, because that is how long it would take to write it all out.

Anyways, I just want to say that there is peace and joy available to all of God's children.

Do you long for God more than you long for anything else? When you first wake up do you think of God and wait patiently for His voice? All throughout the day, do you look for God? When you are asked for advice do you immediately go back to what God has taught you? Does the mention of His name bring a smile to your face?

-Just asking questions that are real-

If you have a longing for more... for intimacy with God... it is available. All you are required to do is literally REST in His love. Gaze upon Him. Look at Him. Stop being so busy & just rest in who He is. Thank Him for who He is. Let go of everything you are to follow Him. It literally takes letting go of all... and if you are not ready to do that, you not ready to serve God.

Devote yourself to God.

Thankful for: God.

No comments:

Post a Comment