Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day Seventy-Seven!

DAY SEVENTY-SEVEN

a picture (or a few) of what's been going on....











What have I been up to? What has God been up to?
-School started.
-Was able to sing (to the LORD) with a friend in the chapel the other day as he played the organ.
-Have met a lot of new students who felt a strong call to go to UM.
-Realized how in control God is.
-God opened the door for me to meet a few non believers.
-Prayer requests have come left & right.
-My faith is increasing.
-Joy is leaking off of me again.
-I was on Skype with a friend the other night. He had a headache. I prayed over him. Right then and there, God healed him.
-A lot of doors have opened for mission opportunities.
-My brother Damien is feeling a lot better.
-Asked a lot of questions in class today. Learned a bunch.

So much has been happening around here. I am so thankful for all of it. God is really showing up and showing out, to say the least. Deep within my heart, I am longing for more. To be quiet more. To really be quiet. I have learned, in the past, that being quiet is so beneficial.... but not being quiet just to be quiet... being quiet, saying less, for the sake of HEARING the living God. YHWH is always willing to reveal Himself... the question is ... are we looking? Today is the 25th... so in Proverbs this morning, the first verse I read was "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings" Proverbs 25:2. This alone reminds me of the truth that the more I search for God, the more I find Him. The greatest part is, He is not playing hide-and-seek by any means... Instead, He is being humble and gentle and waiting for those who understand His worth & their need for Him. Hehe! God is worthy of all that we are & I will spend the rest of my life sharing that truth.

If any of you think of me, at any time, pray that God would continue to humble me & quiet me. That is what I really need. I really need humility. I really need to be quiet.

God is all that I want & I am not ashamed to admit that. My heart is to know Him more and more every day. And upon knowing Him, to serve Him with every breath that I breathe. If He really is worthy (Which He is) there is no need to waste this life on useless things.

See, God is so patient with us. He is so jealous for us, yet He is patient. The time that it takes for us to finally turn and give Him everything must be so hard. Through His patience, I understand the depth of His love for all (at least, I understand as much as He has given me).

Y'all, I want more! I do. God is just so perfect and beautiful in every way. He just IS!

Hey, if you are having a hard day.... remember, our prize is in Heaven.... :) We are one day going to be face-to-face with the One and Only YHWH! :) Smile and live fully today because you have been given the grace to do so :) Remember, God really is with you.

Be blessed.

Thankful for: patience, the Lord, Mary Cate McDowell, and Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment