Monday, August 8, 2011

Leaning on Who You Are


Leaning not on what I know,
But on what you called to be long ago.
Wisdom rested gently at your side,
As you created the heavens and earth without a guide.

Leaning not on who I am now,
But trusting that you will change me somehow.
For I am young and my ways are known,
But as I grow you know that I seek you alone.

You called to be what was not,
Saying worship me with many a thought.
Your creation turned back on you,
The one who is righteous, pure and true.

Separated you were from what you made,
Desperate for truth, the truth was nothing but a fade.
A fade it was, for they knew you not.
Seeking life, so your Sons death bought.

You sent the one who would never disobey you,
To reconcile to yourself those who had turned their back on you.
What is man that you would sacrifice for them?
What is creation that He would die for them?

Who has known a god like you?
A god who makes a way for his people to come to,
One who fights hard to keep what’s his,
Even when they fail him and refuse what he says.

None have known any like you, Yahweh.
For you alone made a way for us to stay,
You alone forgive our sins and make a way,
You alone partner with us day to day.

Leaning not on what I know,
But trusting you to keep me low.
To keep me humble in your sight,
Faithful to your word, and strong in might.

Leaning not on who I am,
But on the precious blood of the lamb.
Worshiping you with every part of me,
Here, now, and forever into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment