Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day eight

DAY EIGHT


stay joyful


"You'll see friends that do mean things, but you must do the right thing"-Mr Andy... VBS 2011

... I am sitting here eating Austin Peanut Butter crackers (about to start on my blog) & the strangest thing happened. As I picked up a cracker, it fell apart so I looked to the package & surprisingly... my cracker had NO peanut butter... [I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER]. Well then God spoke... about my future husband and said... view the peanut butter as the Holy Spirit (ME) and the crackers as you and your husband. It looked (from the outside) like the crackers were one peanut butter cracker, but the moment you reached in... you realized they were two separate crackers without anything holding them together. You must have God to hold a marriage together. God is the One that makes us one.
-NEAT LITTLE ILLUSTRATION.. thankful for it :)

This morning

What an awesome morning! Woke up, read, prayed, ran... (enjoyed my run so much) The entire time I ran... I heard the LORD telling me "I AM WITH YOU" and I needed to hear it.. I needed Him in that heat. I always need Him.

while reading

I came across a few verses that really spoke to me & I want to share them with you...

"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed" Psalm 20:4

"People may think all of their ways are pure, but motives are weighed by the LORD" Proverbs 16:2

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans" Proverbs 16:3

"When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone's way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them" Proverbs 16:7

It is my prayer that God will give us all the desires of our hearts, that He will have our enemies make peace with us, and that we will all commit our ways to the LORD. He deserves all of your attention.

JUST A CHALLENGE


Today, seek God. When things get complicated, choose joy over frustration. Seek Him & allow Him to overwhelm you with gladness. It is possible to remain thankful. To find Him in every moment is the key in surviving in this world. The reason why you only feel 100% when you are in His presence & walking in obedience to Him is because you were created to live for Him. You were created to spend all of your time in His presence. Everything that contradicts His will is not of Him... let go of all that you are holding onto that is not God. There is true peace & joy in His presence. SEEK HIM TODAY! Draw near to Him... while He is near :) He is with us. He just is. Turn from sin. Turn to Him!!!


BOOKS

I FINISHED heaven is for real by Todd Burpo LAST NIGHT! Now, I just wanna read it again :) Hehe. Here are a few quotes that really blessed me...

"And Jesus answered my prayer? Personally? After I had yelled at God, chastising him, questioning his wisdom and his faithfulness? Why would God even answer a prayer like that? And how did I deserve his mercy?" pg 81

"Can you believe that I could pray a prayer like that, and God would still answer it 'yes'?"
"What had I learned? I was reminded yet again that I could be real with God, I told my fellow pastors. I learned that I didn't have to offer some kind of churchy, holy-sounding prayer in order to be heard in heaven. 'You might as well tell God what you think,' I said. 'He already knows it anyways'. Most importantly of all, I learned that I am heard. We all are." pg 84

-today I plan to start reading Satisfy My Thirsty Soul by Linda Dillow. I read it first last summer & then a few more times during the school year. Read it if you (ladies) get a chance :)-

THOUGHTS

-God is always listening to us
-We have a way to Him (Jesus) when we should not


You know, today, you could sit around watch movies that you have already seen before... play games that you have already played before... OR you could go RIGHT NOW and sit in God's presence and thank Him for who He is... ask Him to speak to you and listen. He will give you words to say. It is all about getting to that point where you hear Him so clearly that you are able to relay His message to others on earth... that you are able to spend time with other people in fellowship and encourage them in the things that God has spoken to you. God wants to stay in fellowship with you. He just does. It is His heart that we would stay in a place of communion with Him -even while we are with others- "How do you know that, Chynna?" Well, HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE ON A CROSS SO THAT WE WOULD HAVE A WAY TO HIM!!!!! :)

Commune with Him today... you have so much time to be spend in His presence... make a memory with Him :)

Thankful for: communion with God & people.

No comments:

Post a Comment