Monday, June 20, 2011

Day twelve!!!

DAY TWELVE


WHAT A GOOD DAY!


Today is such a wonderful day! I mean, come on, we are still alive... We are still able to partner with God. We are still able to tell others about how much God loves them! That sounds like a good day to me :) I woke up so thankful to be alive. There is no need to complain when you recognize truth. Truth is, we do not deserve to be here serving Him... truth is, He keeps us here! :)

I was reading in Acts... and I want to encourage everyone to take a look at Paul's boldness is Acts 17:21-31.

21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”


Here are these people that spend ALL of their time talking about the latest ideas... sound familiar? Yeah, it kind of sounds like America to me. Well, then Paul comes in and points out that they are spiritual people, but they have no idea what it is that they are worshiping. That also hits home. I am so grateful that Paul was so bold as to tell them of the true & LIVING GOD! What if we were more like Paul? What if? You know, after he said all of this... many people turned from their wicked ways & started following Christ. That is amazing! Are you not producing good fruit? Ask God to make you bold! Seriously, He will give you boldness if you ask. He will.

Always a Proverb.. or two... or three :)

"The righteous live blameless lives; blessed are their children after them" Proverbs 20:7

"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much" Proverbs 20:19

"Blows and wounds scrub away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being" Proverbs 20:30



TODAY

I am in Mobile spending time with Taylor Troha. She is in class. I was supposed to go with her, but by the time I woke up.. she was already gone :) OPS! My boss did tell me to get some rest :) So that's what happened. Well, I want to say a little bit about Taylor. If you do not know, she is a very dear friend of mine! We have been through a lot, even though it has only be a little under two years of knowing each other. Taylor is all for an adventure, she is athletic and afraid of nothing! No matter what, she is willing to find a way to get things done... and to top it off... she is blind! Yep, blind. Taylor uses a seeing eye dog, cane or one of her close friends to make her way around... but sometimes, she uses none of those and she just goes free! She has come to the understanding that God is willing to guide her. It is a beautiful thing to watch her find her way and get to where she needs to be. Something that I love about Taylor is that she does not care what I look like, what I am talking about, if I decide not to talk at all, or what I am doing... she ALWAYS has love to extend to me. She is one of the sweetest young ladies I have EVER met. It amazes me how much she really does love me. See, I have had friends come & go my whole life... but Taylor never wants to go. She just wants to stay friends with me. No matter what. Yeah, God has blessed me with Taylor Troha. I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything.... and I just felt like you guys should know! Taylor Troha holds a very special place in my life. I love her & so does God!!!

What next!

Next... I have no idea :) But God does... I encourage you to go spend some time with the LORD! Even if you are in the office working, find Him! Those who seek Him with all of their hearts find Him. Seriously. It says so in Jeremiah 29 verse 13. He is speaking through all of the little things & it blesses Him when you see that! Be still for a moment and allow Him to speak to you. Feel the wind as it runs through your hair and remember He is with you :) Just take some time to recognize His hand in your life and THANK Him :) He deserves it.

HEY THOMASVILLE: I MISS YOU GUYS! FORREAL! I AM COMING HOME TONIGHT! WOOHOO & we leave for camp on Saturday! Get pumped. Get in the Word! :)

Bless everyone who follows :) Praying for you all.

Ps- you guys.. there are so many amazing people in this world... God has blessed so many! I encourage you to accept someone that you would have never accepted before. Step down from your pride stool & ask God to open your eyes to see someone that you would have never talked to before. Believe that God will use them to draw you closer to His heart & He will. Oh, there is so much joy in meeting new people & just loving them for who they are... not expecting them to be just like you :) God is so sweet to have made us all so different. I am thankful to be able to make friends. God is good. Make a new friend today! Look past their appearance. Bless them the way Jesus would!

Thankful for: sunny days, good friends & sweaty moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment