Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day Twenty-One

DAY TWENTY-ONE

(made it to the hyphens)


This morning, I woke up late but refreshed. It was a beautiful morning. After spending time with the Lord, I went to Celebration! My youth group was not there when I first arrived, so I went looking for them. On my way, I saw Seleina. She was standing at the Compassion booth. Seeing her caught me off guard because I thought she had already left (she was flying out today to go speak to 16,000 people). Well, we were both filled with gladness when we saw each other. Our conversation was brief, but beneficial. She gave me a precious bracelet (black, white, red and green beads making a Kenyan flag) that she had made. I was honored, to say the least. I was able to pray over her and bless her before she went, which was such an honor.

Seeing her created a big smile in my heart. I know that God brought her into my life as a blessing. Hopefully our paths will cross (or as I always say, our crosses will path) again. She is a wonderful woman of God that will continue to be used daily to build the Kingdom of God. Hallelujah.

The day went on. Our group went to Lifeway instead of recreation time. Then lunch. After lunch, I took some time to rest and study the Word. Following that was Bible Study. It was beneficial. I believe God spoke even more than I thought He did. He always does.

When we left Bible study, I came back to the room & got ready for a run. The run was nice. Today was much hotter than yesterday, but not nearly as hot as Alabama. I was thankful for the cool breeze that brushed across my face as I jogged down the streets of Cleveland. God was with me. He always is.

Now, more free time… I will write more later if anything significant happens. Something significant always happens. God is always doing something. It is up to us to see what He is doing.

If you have eyes to see, you will see.

Jeremiah 29:13 is on my heart today.

“Many seek an audience with a ruler, but it is from the LORD that one gets justice” Proverbs 29:26

Just so everyone knows, God did many more significant things this day. After dinner, I went on a walk in search of a bench to rest on. I saw a girl headed towards the same bench that I was. Deep inside, I knew that I needed to talk to her. She sat down on the bench & I headed her way. Immediately, I asked her about the campus. Ellie is her name! If the school needed a recruiter, she would be the one. Her heart was exposed as she told me all about the campus & the wonderful works of God. It was obvious by her words, that she is in love with the King of Kings. That was refreshing. God allowed me to meet another soul who was so grateful for the grace of God. With joy, Ellie asked me to walk across the street to her friends house. I did :) We went over and met two young men Caleb & Kevin. They were awesome. All four of us shared stories of the greatness of God, described the out pouring of the Holy Spirit that we had seen on our campuses, and agreed to partner in prayer with one another. Ha ha ha. How exciting? What kind of divine encounter is this? God is always doing awesome things. I was so blessed to meet believers who are serious about God and advancing His Kingdom :) SO HAPPY TO KNOW MY NEW FRIENDS!!!

Thankful for: being set free & new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment