Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day seventeen!

DAY SEVENTEEN


late night


Nice day... single & joyful :)

We spent most of the day traveling. Cleveland, TN was our destination. God protected us the entire way :) For that, I am grateful. The trip up here was delightful. Being able to pour into the youth at different times and just watching them get into the Word & enjoy God's love together was beautiful! I am so thankful for this time we have had so far.

Tennessee is absolutely beautiful. I did not expect to see such green grass & pretty plants. Plus, the houses in this city are so cute :) I really like it here.

Tomorrow starts Student Life Camp. I am super pumped! Camp is so much fun!!!

It seems like many lessons were learned today.

While we were talking to the youth about being above reproach this week, Rob mentioned that the students should be focused on God instead of pursuing someone. When he mentioned that the guys did not need to be going after girls this week and that the girls did not need to be going after guys this week, I started saying how the girls NEVER need to pursue a guy anyways and so Rob asked me to speak to the students about that... before I knew it I was giving them advice on dating. Who am I to do that? Only God knew why I was to say what I said. After pointing them in the right direction, I was comforted. It was as if God spoke to me through me. He allowed me to finally say what He has been teaching me for a while now. I was thankful to hear it.

It is important as a woman to know how valuable you are in God's eyes. When you see yourself the way that God looks at you, you understand that you are precious & worth far more than rubies. Understanding your worth allows you to keep your heart guarded. Not only that, but it also allows you to see things from a Biblical perspective. Men pursue women. When a man is able to see you the way that God does, He will pursue you and will treat you with great respect. If he is not pursuing you, he is not worth it. Let's keep it Biblical. Lesson learned :)

funny story

Imagine this: You check into a hotel with your entire family (mom, dad, grandparents, husband and children) and some friends. As you all stand outside of the lobby talking out plans and just remembering events from the previous day and suddenly a young woman runs by. Instead of thinking twice about it, you giggle a little and then go on with your conversation. Before you know it, the same woman runs by again. This time you take a glance at her... first her face, sweaty and exhausted, then her clothes... normal nike attire... but her feet are the best part... she has on a pair of shoes that look like toe socks ... but really are shoes! All you can do is LAUGH OUT LOUD! The woman runs by several times... would you not laugh every time? I'm guessing you would. Today, I was that woman... every one laughed :) Because I am unfamiliar with the town & had to stay close to the youth, I ran at the hotel... 10 of my 20 laps I passed a huge family that got a kick out of me running. After five or so laps, I was laughing with them. Just could not help it. The entire situation was amusing.

All throughout the day, I received encouragement from so many people. God really blessed me with friends & family. I am thankful that He is always eager to keep us in a place of joy.

"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation" Isaiah 12:3

The only other thing that I feel to share is a.... PROVERB
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings" Proverbs 25:2

Thankful for: my youth, Alicia Conn, hotels right next to the interstate, beautiful scenery in TN, and a new dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment