Friday, June 10, 2011

The Journey Begins!

Yesterday was day one of my 365 day commitment to the LORD.

DAY TWO!

That is today! Wow, so much has already taken place. This morning when I woke up, I was refreshed & grateful to be in His presence. When I was reading the Word, I came across many awesome passages! Read John 15:17; John 16:12&13; John 16:21 & 22-24: John 17:20-2...

& then, John 18:11 says "... Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?" when Peter tried to stop the guards from taking Jesus to be crucified. How amazing are these words? SHALL I NOT DRINK THE CUP THE FATHER HAS GIVEN ME? Jesus was about to be killed. His friend, follower, wanted to stop this death.. but He knew the life that it would bring if He would die. He knew that in death there was life. Hallelu Yah! He knew that the cup God gave Him, he was to drink...

These words are so powerful :) They are becoming who I am today & will continue to be FOREVER!

Drinking the cup God has given me; drinking alone for a year! How exciting is it to follow the LORD? So exciting! We have hope that all of the death we go through brings forth growth... it brings forth life!

NEXT

I went on a run after reading... the whole run I could not stop thinking about, praying and listening to God concerning two things...
-number one: my daughter! I know, I know... I do not have a daughter! But one day... I will have a daughter & her name will be LOVE & her middle name will be LEE (Lord willing)... :) And in my heart, I kept rejoicing because when she is finally mine & I finally get to raise her... I will be able to tell her that she is beautiful everyday. I will be able to insight value in her. I will be able to teach her the ways of the LORD! Woohoo :) So, she is someone I look forward to meeting! My little Princess!
-number two: on the run, it was really hot. You know how when you check the temp it says something like 75, but feels like 72... Yeah it was probably 90, but felt like 200. It was burning up out there :) A woman from our church saw me every time that I ran by her house & gave me advice every time... the last thing she said was "don't get too hot"... I knew that I needed the LORD to pull me through... and thankfully, He was with me.. He was speaking to me. He was coaching me. The entire run He reminded me of the running advice I had previously given friends & used them to encourage me... By His grace, I got up every hill & enjoyed every bit of it. While running, I was reminded of a friend I ran with a few times & I remembered how he was such a blessing (well, the times he invited me) & instead of thinking of how much I missed that... God showed me how He was the one that I have always ran with & will always be with me. He reminded me that I do not have to wonder if He will be with me on a run... but, that He is ALWAYS going to run with me... because He has promised to never leave me!
Such a joy.
While running I heard "in a race you cannot see the finish line, but in THE race Jesus is always in full view... you just have to look to Him"... It blessed me so much :) Hope it blesses you.

NOW

I'm at the church... When we got here, Rob read Psalms 143 to Brett & I... then prayed over us. I was so refreshed after hearing the psalm... definitely read it... make time to read it. Then, we started on our daily assignments (there are still two little things on my check list that bless me every time "run 4 miles" and "hug a tree") ... It brings me a smile every time I see it :) So, God has just been loving on me all throughout the day :) Let Him love on you!

WOOHOO! Being single is awesome, today... :)

I love His love.

LITTLE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT from God is more than Enough by Tony Evans:
"Your soul is who you are, your personhood, your identity. I'm not you, and you're not me, not because our body structures are different but because we have different souls. The soul is the "you". And when you become confused about who you are, and lose your sense of well-being, your sense of purpose, your sense of direction, your sense of hope-then your soul needs restoring. That process takes time."


Hope is brings you the same hope it brought me :) This restoring process is a sweet journey!

Day 2 of my 365 Journey was enjoyable!

Thankful for: Knowing that God is willing to restore me.



DAY ONE

was awesome! There was so much freedom in my thoughts. I did not feel pulled to the "what if he is the one?" thought and everything just seemed clear :) So nice! I am thankful that it was such a great start.

Thankful for: Realizing it is time to really let go of all control.

No comments:

Post a Comment