Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day Six!

DAY SIX




VERSES

"... if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God" Acts 5:38&39

"The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs" Proverbs 14:14

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" Proverbs 14:23

"Those who fear the LORD have a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge" Proverbs 14:26

"The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a person from the snares of death" Proverbs 14:27

"Those who are patient have great understanding but the quick tempered display folly" Proverbs 14:29

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones" Proverbs 14:30



What is on my heart...

There is life available to all who choose to walk with God. Life that is full of joy and peace. Although you have sinned against God by failing to walk in obedience, He wants to forgive you... if you would only repent and choose life.

Sin is a trap. Those who fall into it are in need of a Savior.

What if I told you that the way you withhold kindness from those around you is a sin?

Loving people is easy when they look just like you, talk the same way you do and live a lifestyle similar to yours... why is it hard to love the one who grew up completely different than you and acts nothing like you? Is love a light that you can turn it on and off whenever you want? Is Jesus pleased with one who withholds love? I find it hard to believe that He would be. I mean, He loves us so much that He died so that all could have a way to the Father. He died. We are not asked to give up our lives, just our pride. Learn to love like Jesus if you are claiming to walk like Jesus.


JUST PLAIN BLESSED

Last night I was able to talk with my friend, Mary Catherine McDowell. She brought such joy & encouragement. One thing that she said was "It takes two to tango"... talking about how in our walk, God is with us... if we are without, God is with. He has what we need & He is with us... we are not dancing alone :) ... [This means a lot to me, because I really love to dance... and just the thought of a dance partner excites me] Well, then this morning when I was reading in Jesus Calling I came across a statement that truly blessed me... it said "Together we will draw others out of darkness and into my marvelous light". It reminded me of the truth that it really does take two to tango :) AND GOD IS WITH US! WE ARE NOT IN THIS ALONE! WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GOD! Hallelujah!


PS

Last night I started reading "Heaven is For Real"... The book renewed my mind. I started a little after eleven I think & couldn't put it down until around two thirty. If I didn't have to be at work at nine, I would have finished the book... I couldn't even bring it to work, because I knew that if I did nothing would get done. Yeah, so if any of you get the chance to read it... def do. It is the story of a little boy who went into surgery and met Jesus. I know that normally people do not believe that kind of thing... but all I have to say is CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. Your faith may just increase.

& I wanna say the picture of Jesus is... accurate. Just saying :)

Hope you all are blessed!

"out of the fullness of God's grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16


Thankful for: big t-shirts & confidence in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment